Things to Try When Visual Studio Acts Up
- Close, reopen and try again.
- Close, delete the "suo" file, reopen and try again.
- Close, clear build refuse (delete "suo" and all obj/bin folders), reopen and try again.
- If you see messages about references, the issue could be a circular reference. Try removing the reference and then adding it back.
- If you have Add-ins, open the Add-in Manager (Tools > Add-in Manager...), and uncheck the Startup box for each of them. Close and reopen Visual Studio and see if the problem is fixed. If so, one of the Add-ins could be the issue. Try selectively turning each on until you identify the bad one.