The screen saver on my Windows 7 laptop tries to "help" me by requiring me to login again after waking back up. The conventional way to fix this is to right-click on the desktop, select "Personalize" and then disable the "On resume, display logon screen" check box on the "Screen Saver" config dialog.
That should do it. But it doesn't.
I can't. That check box is grayed out.
How to Stop the Windows 7 Screen Saver From Logging You Off
rundll32.exe user32.dll, UpdatePerUserSystemParameters
- Batch script (screensaver.bat) that automates the above steps, and one (listscreensaver.bat) that lists the current settings
- Configuring the screen saver from the command line
- Disabling screen saver using registry settings
- Allowing or preventing changes to screen saver
- Group Policy and lower level registry tweaks for screen saver logon screen issues